What a difference two weeks. Comparing data from the CDC website on COVID vaccinations – between Jan 24th and Feb 7th – here’s what I found
- An increase of 18 million doses delivered
- An increase of 17 million doses administered
- # of people with 1+ shot increased by almost 12 million people
8 states now have more than 10% of people with at least one vaccination dose administered. Alaska has 14% of its people with at least one shot of vaccination. West Virigina and New Mexico are also doing exceptionally well in administering the vaccine.
Of note – West Virigina is the state with the highest percentage of people having received both vaccination shots – currently at 5.6% ( on that measure the worst performer is Mississippi with only 1.6%)
A couple of other points to note from the CDC data:
- 1.1m doses administered to veterans.
- 588,000 doses administered to the Dept of defense
- 40,000 doses administered to Bureau of Prisons
Here are the top 15 states by total doses administered
So at the current pace it looks like about 2% to 3% of the US population will get 1+ dose of vaccine administered each week. Watch this space!